Note that these affirmations, while inspired by the Holy Spirit, are general guidelines rather than legalistic straitjackets. We are all unique, and we may choose and even need to make more personalized statements and perhaps in a different order. We begin with our general daily declarations. We have what we say, and when we speak what we intend to think and do according to God’s Word, we set our will to follow Jesus every day. The power of God’s Word sets our will for righteousness in Jesus. How we start our day is extremely important. Use these affirmations as a guideline for your personal declarations to start your day in Jesus.
- Good morning, Father. Good morning, Jesus. Good morning, Holy Spirit. Thank You for the sleep You gave me and for this new day. I choose to rejoice in it. I choose to put You first in my day, Father Love, to put You first, Jesus, as My Shepherd to guide me, and You, Holy Spirit, to be my Teacher and Comforter today.
- In my prayers this morning I call for Your rain (you can pray in tongues if that gift has been activated in you). Thank You for the rain.
- I speak peace to my heart, mind and brain. I thank You, Father, for removing all distractions. I open my heart to hear from You, Holy Spirit.
- I put on the garments of praise, the helmet of salvation and the breastplate of righteousness. I take the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, and the shield of faith to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. I put on the belt of truth and shod my feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
Here is a list of sample declarations to help you as you continue your morning
- I choose life and blessings today – not death and curses.
- I choose to be renewed in my mind.
- I choose to walk in the Spirit – not in the flesh.
- Change my heart to be more like You – in everything I think, say and do.
- I give myself and every part of my body to You today – as a living sacrifice.
- I want, allow, ask You, Jesus, to live Your life in me today.
- I choose to rejoice in You and in Your way today.
- I choose to seek Your face today.
- I bind myself to Your will and Your way today.
- Add your own personal declarations, guided by the Holy Spirit (suggestions below):
- I bind myself to You, Jesus, and loose myself from Satan and his ways of selfishness.
- My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, a vessel of honor and glory.
- I choose to be thankful in all things today.
- I thank You, Father, for favor today and divine appointments.
- I choose to bring every thought captive to Jesus.
- I have made a covenant with my eyes and choose not to look in lust at anyone.
- I choose to stand in awe of You, to hate sin and love righteousness.
- I put a guard over my mouth, that my words may be few.
- I choose to have a passion for perfection, excellence, purity, holiness, righteousness -- a passion for You, Jesus.
- I ask You, Father, to activate in me the love of God, the joy of Jesus that is my strength, the peace of God that guards my heart in Jesus, the knowledge, wisdom, understanding and discernment of Jesus and His anointing in me this day.
- I will live and not die.
- No weapon formed against me will prosper.
- Wealth and riches are in my house and all my needs are met.
- I expect to hear from You, Holy Spirit.
- Because You are with me, I shall not fear, for Your love casts out all fear.