Daily declarations first thing in the morning are extremely important. We need to renew our minds every day to choose anew the godly way to which we have committed ourselves at conversion.
Following are some ideas of personal declarations you may desire to make. We begin with ideas for morning declarations:
Daily Declarations of My Identity in Jesus
The following is a sampling of declarations we should make daily. This is not to
say we will necessarily make all of them every day. They are guidelines to use to speak
over ourselves and to meditate upon. It is wise to include these in our morning
declarations so we are ready to meet the day.
- I am free! Free from sin’s slavery. Free from condemnation, guilt, shame. Free from people-pleasing and flesh-pleasing – Rom. 8:1-2, 6:7,18; Gal. 1:10.
- I am dead to sin, crucified with Christ – the old me is dead! The resurrected Jesus lives in me now – I am alive in Him! Gal. 2:20; Rom. 6:2, 8, 11; Eph. 2:5.
- I am “the righteousness of God.” I stand before God as if I had never sinned. It is Jesus’ righteousness in me – not my own – II Cor. 5:21; Phil. 1:11.
- I am unique and extra-special to God. No one has ever looked exactly like me and had my personality and gifts. I am “the apple of His eye” (Zech. 2:8; Ps. 17:8), His special treasure or treasured possession (Deut. 7:6; Mal. 3:17). He sings and dances over me with shouts of joy (Zeph. 3:17). God called me to a unique ministry at a special time in my life, and my growth is following a unique course designed by God just for me.
- I am God’s child – His very son (daughter) – John 1:12, I John 3:1-3. I have been born into the Kingdom or Family of God, a younger brother (sister) of Jesus Christ – John 3:5, Rom. 8:29. I am far above the angel kind, for I am of the God kind, in the God realm or class – on the God plane! – Heb. 1 and 2; John 10:34-35, Ps. 82:6, Rev. 3:9, John 20:23. Thanks to Jesus, I am now fully “in His image and likeness,” the “spitting image” of my Father. Although not yet glorified, I am growing up to be just like my Daddy in character, power, glory and plane or quality of existence. My birthright is to share God’s glory.
- I am forgiven of all my sins, justified, made right with God – Col. 2:13-14, Rom. 5:1. Since God forgives me, I forgive myself.
- I am an enemy of the Devil and a demon-defeater – Satan’s worst nightmare. I use my authority in Jesus to bind and cast out demons. No weapon formed against me will prosper – Mark 16:17, John 14:12, James 4:7, Isa. 54:17.
- I ask for and receive angelic protection daily – Ps. 91:7, 11-12.
- I walk in the supernatural because of Jesus in me. I can do miracles, heal the sick, raise the dead, rebuke the wind and storms, move mountains, walk on water, translate myself by God’s power from place to place when necessary (Satanists do it. Why can’t I?) – Mk. 16:15; John 14:12.
- I am strong in Jesus, bold as a lion, blessed with power, love and a sound, disciplined mind, of quick understanding. I can do all things through Jesus who strengthens me – II Tim. 1:6-7; Phil. 4:13, Prov. 28:1; Isa. 11:2. I walk in the awesome anointing of Jesus Christ! – Isa. 61:1-3.
- I am confident all things in my life – “the good, the bad and the ugly” – are working out for good according to God’s plans – plans to give me a future and a hope – Rom. 8:28; Jer. 29:11.
- I’m a winner! A victor! More than a conqueror! An overcomer! I’m a “nevergive-upper.” I’m a survivor of trials that refine me as gold tried in the fire – Rev.12:11; Rom. 8:37; I Pet.1:7.
- I am rich – in every way! I am prosperous and able to be a giver like my generous Father. I walk in divine health and prosperity – III John 2; Ex. 15:26; II Cor. 9:8-13; Ps. 112:3.
- I am a joint-heir with my elder Brother Jesus to inherit all He has inherited – glory, honor, and the grace to be highly exalted as a co-heir with Him to rule over the earth during the coming Millennium of peace – Rom. 8:17, 29; John 17:22, Rev. 3:9, 5:10; Heb. 1 and 2.
- I am graced with God’s love – able to love even my enemies. I am able to overlook the past and present, and see people for who they will be in Christ – John 13:35; Phil. 4:8.
- I am God’s temple – His property. My body is used only for His glory – I Cor. 6:19-20. I have found where I belong. I belong to God.
- I am God’s workmanship – and He isn’t finished with me yet! – Eph. 2:10; Phil. 1:6; I John 3:2.
- I am a servant – to God first, to my siblings in Christ, especially widows and orphans, and to all. No task is too menial for Jesus in me – John 13:5-17; Gal. 6:10; Mat. 25:35-45; James 1:27.
- I am an ambassador of God’s Kingdom, a spreader of the gospel – II Cor. 5:20; Mat. 28:19.
- I am a saint – a “holy one,” pure and blameless in God’s sight, washed in Jesus’ blood. I am not a sinner! I’m a saint who occasionally sins – but I am sinning less and less and enjoying life more and more – Eph. 1:1, 4; II Cor. 3:18.
- I am the salt of the earth (preserving and flavoring it) and the light of the world – Mat. 5:13-14.
- I am sitting in heavenly places with Jesus – above sinful earthly pursuits – Eph. 2:6.
- I am the Bride of Christ – Eph. 5:23-32. He gave His life for me, His Beloved, and would have done so had I been the only person on the earth. I am in love with Him – deeply passionate, more intimate than husband and wife – Ps. 42 and 63; Song of Solomon.
- I am one with the Eternal – so I am eternal (I Cor. 6:17, I John 5:11-13). He chose me before time began – Eph. 1:4. I have no past! (If you bring it up, that’s your problem.) – Phil. 3:13-14, Rom. 6:4, Gal. 2:20. I am new every day, renewed in youth, strength and energy like the eagle – II Cor. 4:16; Mat. 6:34; Gal. 6:14-15; Eph. 4:22-24; Ps. 103:5; Isa. 40:30-31; Rom. 8:11).
- I am Jesus’ witness or representative on earth (and He mine in heaven!) – Acts 1:8; I Tim. 2:5.
- I am a king and a priest – I Pet. 2:9, Rev. 1:6.
- I am a minister of reconciliation – a peacemaker – II Cor. 5:17-20; Mat. 5:9.
- I am a Christian soldier – a spiritual warrior against unseen forces of evil – Eph. 6:10-18.
- I am God’s friend – John 15:15. We share everything – Deut. 29:29; Amos 3:7, Ps. 62:8, I Pet. 5:7.
- I am the recipient of God’s boundless, unconditional love. There is nothing I can do to make Him love me more – or less. Absolutely nothing can separate me from His mercy, comfort, encouragement – His amazing love – Rom. 8:38-39; John 3:16; I John 3:1-3; II Cor. 1:3-4. In short, I am accepted, secure and special – a precious child, a Son/Daughter of the Eternal God. I choose today to walk in the awesome anointing of the Anointed One in me.